VIODA aims to promote opportunity for all Optimist sailors in Victoria to achieve their aspirations in a fun, fair and healthy environment. The Association fosters and facilitates this aim by support of training and competition at affiliated Clubs and in various State and National regattas.
The Association seeks to foster the above, keeping the spirit of pure one design racing as a priority in a fair and sportsmanlike manner. The Association seeks to have an Opti sailor leave the Class the best sailor they could or want to be, demonstrating responsibility and respect and support for others, be they competitors, supporters or officials.
Objectives of the Association
- To encourage and promote the International Optimist class within Victoria and in doing so more broadly help develop junior sailing in Victoria
- To maintain the one-design character of the International Optimist Dinghy
- To co-ordinate and manage the affairs and rules of the class in Victoria
- To co-ordinate Opti training/coaching at Class level and to support Opti training/coaching at Club level via a selected State Opti Coach
- To annually coordinate the Victorian Optimist Championship