Membership of VIODA offers a range of benefits. These include:
- Access to regular email newsletter updates from VIODA addressing: up-coming events, tips and hints to improve skills, and regatta reviews
- Preparation and provision of specialist coaching and training materials to your club
- Eligibilty to participate in VIODA led Optimist training programs
- Eligibility to compete in Opti State Championships and Opti National Championships
Membership fees are applied to assist in funding the following:
- Develop Optimist training programs for the benefit of all Victorian Opti sailors
- Deliver training program materials to clubs and provide assistance to club coaches in evolving their Opti programs
- Subsidise additional coaches and on water support for selected major regattas where such coaching or support may not be provided by a member’s club
- Meeting costs associated with conducting of the State Championships including the provision of trophies and prizes
- Meeting surplus costs associated with other special events such as the Annual Girls weekend & Development Camps
- Administer the affairs of the Association including compliance fees, insurance, website maintenance and other administrative costs
Please note: VIODA aims to bolster funds through securing sponsorship. Our aim is to maintain reserves sufficient to aid in the ongoing development of the class in Victoria.
Much of the hard work undertaken to create the opportunities provided by VIODA is performed by a hard working committee who generously donate their time.
To renew your membership or join as a new member CLICK HERE
The membership year operates from October 1 to September 30.